Intro
Zeng.
Loves Singapore and Gippsland, Vic, Australia.
Am experiencing the four seasons of the year for this first time in my life.
Got the chance to wear winter clothes for the first time too...
Got the chance to switch on the heater in the day and at night to keep warm...
Got the chance to get extremely dry skin and understand that we can never get the best of both worlds...
Got to see places where there's more cows than people, more trees than buildings, more love than scams...
Sometimes misses hot and humid and unpredictably rainy weather...
Constantly misses the love for me from the little red dot...
PROFILE
Learning in an instituition called university...
To be precise, the place is called Monash University
To be more exact, it's called Monash University, Gippsland campus
To be very clear, I'm studying in Monash University, Gippsland campus, undertaking BA (Psych and Humans)
To paint the most descriptive picture, my main interest is in education.
But I'm learning about psychology, sociology (mostly under Aussie context) and History-politcs for now.
Social justice issues, politics, education, environmental issues, social realities and things like that intrigues me...
For additional information, I'm not doing that well most of the time.
But don't you dare judge!
There's ups and downs and you never know how high up I can get...
I don't know too but we'll find out...
It's a constant struggle but,
It's never too old to learn.
Never too poor to school.
Never too stupid to think.
Sweet Talks
Archives
April 10, 2010
Technology... 12:36 AM
See, I am a person who would often say, "Men (or guys)" and then roll my eyes. This would happen when I'm referring to their 'gold-rush' attitude towards IT stuff. I mean, come on! Do you have to pay attention to all the new gadgets that come out?
So, I'm surprised at myself that I am so interested in the new ipad. Hmm... I don't know if it will be like that, but I was thinking that if I can own a tool that can help me organise my time as well as having a function that can let me access lots of knowledge, I'd be able to learn so much more everyday and accomplish more things over time.
I was actually thinking of blackberry phones. Why blackberry? Because I have heard on one of those interviews with Obama that he couldn't live without his blackberry. And I adore Obama so when I was considering getting a new phone (cos my contract has ended), I checked out blackberry. It seemed perfect a few weeks ago until Apple's ipad came along...
I love big things. Big bag. Big screen. Big keypads. And so, when I found out about the ipad, I realised that I actually prefer this to a new blackberry phone. Simply because of the big screen. And it's not all that heavy (relative to the usual weight of my bag).
Haha, so much about me, myself and I. The point that I wanted to make today is just that technology has really dominated our lives, hasn't it? We watch the tv everyday. We use the phone every other hour, to call or to message someone. We surf the internet all day long. We key in all our data in the computer system for work.
I just wondered about 2 things.
(1) What if the Earth can no longer sustain our lifestyle? What if we have squeezed all resources to the max and there's nothing left for our technology to run on?
(2) (On a more positive note...) Will there be a day when I can just stand in a moving train and my tablet computer can just float in front of me while I read or type on it? Will people be smart enough to design such a thing that can defy gravity?
Aren't you curious about this part of the future? I am... kind of. =)
Apple's CEO Steve Jobs and the ipad(source of image: http://www.examiner.com/x-7311-Cultural-Trends-Examiner~y2010m1d27-Steve-Jobs-calls-new-Apple-iPad-magical--revolutionary)