<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6472739900971891047?origin\x3dhttp://just-to-keep-in-touch.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Intro

Zeng.





Loves Singapore and Gippsland, Vic, Australia.
Am experiencing the four seasons of the year for this first time in my life.
Got the chance to wear winter clothes for the first time too...
Got the chance to switch on the heater in the day and at night to keep warm...
Got the chance to get extremely dry skin and understand that we can never get the best of both worlds...
Got to see places where there's more cows than people, more trees than buildings, more love than scams...
Sometimes misses hot and humid and unpredictably rainy weather...
Constantly misses the love for me from the little red dot...


PROFILE

Learning in an instituition called university...
To be precise, the place is called Monash University
To be more exact, it's called Monash University, Gippsland campus
To be very clear, I'm studying in Monash University, Gippsland campus, undertaking BA (Psych and Humans)
To paint the most descriptive picture, my main interest is in education.
But I'm learning about psychology, sociology (mostly under Aussie context) and History-politcs for now.
Social justice issues, politics, education, environmental issues, social realities and things like that intrigues me...

For additional information, I'm not doing that well most of the time.
But don't you dare judge!
There's ups and downs and you never know how high up I can get...
I don't know too but we'll find out...

It's a constant struggle but,
It's never too old to learn.
Never too poor to school.
Never too stupid to think.


Sweet Talks


Archives



CREDITS

DayBefore!Misery for the layout.
Kadiozu Designer
SwimChick for the brushes.
photobucket for the images.


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com





August 26, 2009
Deflated... 9:04 PM





I feel a bit "deflated" now... I can feel my old self taking shape again. The old me who is afraid that I have not done my best. The me who is afraid that I have done my best and have got it all wrong. I just want to get things right.

Ok, this is not the place I want to talk about my own things. I chanced upon an article just now and have some thoughts about it.

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2009/08/26/1251001938342.html

So, this guy is 21 years old and he had been wanting to be a footballer. In Australia, footy is the nation's game. There's footy news everyday. And when a guy wants to make it into his career, he really trains very very hard for it.

And so, reading this article about the guy who has lost his dream made me think:
At least I am still "on track" and doing my thing. I still have the chance to keep going in the direction I want to go. It's really not the end of the world when I stumble along the way. I shouldn't spend the time beating myself up but should spend it on correcting my mistake instead, shouldn't I?

Well, I do feel sad for this guy. Reading the news casually probably makes us think that, "What's the big deal? It's just footy and life is not all about footy." But when we think for a minute, can you feel for this guy? What is it in YOUR life that you've held on to for so long? What if I take them all away from you? You have to build things from scratch, which can make you feel very lost and helpless, can't it?

All the best to everyone...

Luv,
Me