<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6472739900971891047?origin\x3dhttp://just-to-keep-in-touch.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Intro

Zeng.





Loves Singapore and Gippsland, Vic, Australia.
Am experiencing the four seasons of the year for this first time in my life.
Got the chance to wear winter clothes for the first time too...
Got the chance to switch on the heater in the day and at night to keep warm...
Got the chance to get extremely dry skin and understand that we can never get the best of both worlds...
Got to see places where there's more cows than people, more trees than buildings, more love than scams...
Sometimes misses hot and humid and unpredictably rainy weather...
Constantly misses the love for me from the little red dot...


PROFILE

Learning in an instituition called university...
To be precise, the place is called Monash University
To be more exact, it's called Monash University, Gippsland campus
To be very clear, I'm studying in Monash University, Gippsland campus, undertaking BA (Psych and Humans)
To paint the most descriptive picture, my main interest is in education.
But I'm learning about psychology, sociology (mostly under Aussie context) and History-politcs for now.
Social justice issues, politics, education, environmental issues, social realities and things like that intrigues me...

For additional information, I'm not doing that well most of the time.
But don't you dare judge!
There's ups and downs and you never know how high up I can get...
I don't know too but we'll find out...

It's a constant struggle but,
It's never too old to learn.
Never too poor to school.
Never too stupid to think.


Sweet Talks


Archives



CREDITS

DayBefore!Misery for the layout.
Kadiozu Designer
SwimChick for the brushes.
photobucket for the images.


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com





May 4, 2009
Evil... 7:02 PM



"Next on Four Corners... An investigation into the murder of Sister Dorothy Stang, a catholic nun from Dayton, Ohio - told through the testimony of her supporters, her killers and the legal teams that battled over who should take responsibility for her death."

I'm watching Four Corners now. Part of my procrastination... but I realised something while watching. I'm probably evil. Sister Dorothy Stang, who was 73-years-old, was shot 6 times in her body and once from behind her head, in the Amazon. Why? Because she was trying to do what she can for the environment, promoting the PDS plan in the Amazon with the Brazil government, so that 80% of the rainforest would not be touched by loggers. But, because of this, the nun was killed.

Why do I think I'm evil? Because the people who killed her were evil. They wanted to keep logging unlimitedly, and Sister Dorothy was an obstruction to their money-making projects. Thus, they decided to kill her. How can a person's life be equated with wealth? And again, why am I evil? Because I'm naive. Because I didn't know that my sheltered and comfortable life meant that people have to die. It's extreme, as I always am, but think about it. Don't you think we play a part in these people's deaths? There's bound to be more than one Sister Dorothy...

What can I do? I don't know... For now, I can only try to pursue my education. When I learn more, then I will know more and then I probably will be able to do more. Naive? Idealistic? Utopian? Maybe, maybe not.

Luv,
Me