<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6472739900971891047?origin\x3dhttp://just-to-keep-in-touch.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Intro

Zeng.





Loves Singapore and Gippsland, Vic, Australia.
Am experiencing the four seasons of the year for this first time in my life.
Got the chance to wear winter clothes for the first time too...
Got the chance to switch on the heater in the day and at night to keep warm...
Got the chance to get extremely dry skin and understand that we can never get the best of both worlds...
Got to see places where there's more cows than people, more trees than buildings, more love than scams...
Sometimes misses hot and humid and unpredictably rainy weather...
Constantly misses the love for me from the little red dot...


PROFILE

Learning in an instituition called university...
To be precise, the place is called Monash University
To be more exact, it's called Monash University, Gippsland campus
To be very clear, I'm studying in Monash University, Gippsland campus, undertaking BA (Psych and Humans)
To paint the most descriptive picture, my main interest is in education.
But I'm learning about psychology, sociology (mostly under Aussie context) and History-politcs for now.
Social justice issues, politics, education, environmental issues, social realities and things like that intrigues me...

For additional information, I'm not doing that well most of the time.
But don't you dare judge!
There's ups and downs and you never know how high up I can get...
I don't know too but we'll find out...

It's a constant struggle but,
It's never too old to learn.
Never too poor to school.
Never too stupid to think.


Sweet Talks


Archives



CREDITS

DayBefore!Misery for the layout.
Kadiozu Designer
SwimChick for the brushes.
photobucket for the images.


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com





May 2, 2009
A day out...Part II 1:39 PM

Oh, I missed the main point. So I split into two entries, in consideration of your eyes and brain. Haha....

I wanted to mention the bus driver. So, on our way back, we took a bus. We missed the stop cos no one pressed the bell and I was so pissed! Seriously... cos we can't get off at the next stop too. It's about half an hr walk away and I bought, amongst other things, a 1.5kg tin of Milo! -_-'''

So, after it loop to the terminal, we had to get off and change bus. When we boarded, the driver asked, "How you goin?" as usual and I earnestly replied, "Oh. Not that good..." Hah...I mean, I was really tired and I was utterly fed up and I was just happy that we didn't miss the last bus to get back.

The driver kindly probed. So I told him we missed our stop and had to take another round around the two towns to get back. And guess what? He just waved his hand and asked me to get in! I wanted to pay and he said it's alright... how kind of him! I didn't expect that when I told him what happened...

Well, it's not that I've never met any kind people before, but this town is just so full of them. First thing is, I'm Asian. I mean, why ain't there any discrimination? What's on their minds that they do not discriminate me? I don't mean that I WANT to get discriminated, but I'm just wondering, you know? I mean many Singaporeans discriminate so many people and most of the time it's against the people of the same skin colour! Even if we don't discriminate, we do poke fun of them, yeah?

Second thing is, it's good enough that we don't get discriminated here. But, to keep being nice to Asians as well, it's just beyond what I had imagined before. Call me cynical, but from where I come from, I just don't see such overly-nice people too often. It's not only the bus drivers here, it's the lecturers as well and the uni staff and every Aussie I've met here in this town.

I just want to say that, though we are living in an economically-driven world, being the educated selves, we probably can try to find ways to be kind and still survive well. I've learnt that it can be done, though there'll probably be some trouble and problems along the way, like getting cheated for our kindness. But we don't have to be unhelpful or whatever to be street-smart, etc. We can always learn how to do things better. I'm definitely guilty of being not so helpful most of the time when I'm wary of people in the streets, but I would want to learn how to handle this better. Hai... I dun have much of a problem with the ppl who get to read this. It's just the 'other' people... Haha... but well, I need an outlet...

Oh well, ranting a bit more than intended again. Haha... Ok, a little drowsy now from the heavy lunch. Have a great weekend!

Luv,
Me

p/s: I went for a walk with my other housemate a few days ago and we saw roos! Real kangeroos! They were staring at us when we walked by... haha I finally saw real kangeroos here =D cool huh? But I was a bit worried it'd hop over and punch us! We didn't bring camera along so dun have their pics. next time maybe.... :p