Intro
Zeng.
Loves Singapore and Gippsland, Vic, Australia.
Am experiencing the four seasons of the year for this first time in my life.
Got the chance to wear winter clothes for the first time too...
Got the chance to switch on the heater in the day and at night to keep warm...
Got the chance to get extremely dry skin and understand that we can never get the best of both worlds...
Got to see places where there's more cows than people, more trees than buildings, more love than scams...
Sometimes misses hot and humid and unpredictably rainy weather...
Constantly misses the love for me from the little red dot...
PROFILE
Learning in an instituition called university...
To be precise, the place is called Monash University
To be more exact, it's called Monash University, Gippsland campus
To be very clear, I'm studying in Monash University, Gippsland campus, undertaking BA (Psych and Humans)
To paint the most descriptive picture, my main interest is in education.
But I'm learning about psychology, sociology (mostly under Aussie context) and History-politcs for now.
Social justice issues, politics, education, environmental issues, social realities and things like that intrigues me...
For additional information, I'm not doing that well most of the time.
But don't you dare judge!
There's ups and downs and you never know how high up I can get...
I don't know too but we'll find out...
It's a constant struggle but,
It's never too old to learn.
Never too poor to school.
Never too stupid to think.
Sweet Talks
Archives
November 27, 2008
2:19 AM
Something only you can doTallulah Bankhead quipped, “Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.” But the truth is… we DO have trouble being ourselves, don’t we? Especially in a world that wants us to conform. “To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best day and night into making you like everybody else,” said poet E. E. Cummings, “is to fight the hardest battle there is and never stop fighting.”
One of the deepest cravings of young people, especially teens, is to be liked by their peers. They want to be accepted. Like all of us, they want to be valued. It’s during those critical teen-age years, according to Earl Nightingale, that they begin to play a game called “Follow the Follower.” The game is not the same as “Follow the Leader.” Following the follow is about conforming… talking, dressing, acting and thinking like one another. Everyone follows everyone else.
In adulthood, we discover who we really are and do our best to grow into the person. We find our value, not in acceptance by others, but because we believe in our worth. It’s a wonderful day when we can say in honesty, “I know who I am and I’m glad I am me. The lovable children’s author Dr. Seuss got it right when he wrote, “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” It takes strength to swim against the tide. It takes courage to speak your convictions. It takes trust to act on your own intuitions. In the end, your success will always be a result of your being true to yourself rather than an imitation of somebody else.
You’ll never have to give an account for not being more like your favourite celebrity, that shining star in your chosen field or anybody else. However, at the end of my life, the question I never want to be asked is, “How come you weren’t more like you? You had such great potential. You were a wholly unique person – an unrepeatable creation. Why you weren’t more like you?”
Whatever your ambitions, your greatest success will be derived from your being the best YOU possible. In a world that wants you to conform – be yourself. It’s a challenging and rewarding job… and nobody can do it as well as you.
~Steve Goodier