
You know those moments when u juz wish tat u have an extra day or hour or minute? Like wishing you have a Doraemon so that he can stop the time for you to quickly catch up with ur "lost time" and u can finish ur work? Well, I wished for that early this week and it's coming true!
Haha... the time diff between singapore and australia was 3h. Thanks to the wonderful phenomenon of daylight savings, I get to have an extra hour now! Like now, it's 2+am in Australia, but at 3am, I'd adjust my clock back to 2am. So, technically speaking, I have 1 more hour! YEah!!! Ok, rationally speaking, it doesn't matter much, but to a person who has been having a dreadful week, this is such a good news. Little things like tat make me really really happy... haha...
Well, haven't blogged for 2 weeks cos I think I was too ecstatic for the first week (holidays) and was too high to do my work until the last day of my holiday. I did try to sit but then it's like I'm in Australia for holiday not to study you know? For that mid-sem break week la... Like I slept so so much cos the weather was turning cold and comfortable... As for the following week, which is this week, I was too stressed up with all the "lost time". Though time is managed by oneself, but to a person who have poor time-management, it is wonderful news to me that I have 1 more hour.
So what is daylight savings?
"Daylight saving time (DST; also summer time in British English) is the convention of advancing clocks so that afternoons have more daylight and mornings have less. Typically clocks are adjusted forward one hour near the start of spring and are adjusted backward in autumn. Modern DST was first proposed in 1907 by William Willett. Many countries have used it since then; details vary by location and change occasionally." - Wikipedia (5th April 2008)
So it means that because they want the day to seem longer and that the sun don't set so soon, they change the time in autumn. But then, I heard that we will "lose" 1hr in the second sem's exam period (the season will be spring...)and there's a guy who missed his exam by an hr cos he didn't take note of this change in time.
Ok, better not get too high with this time thing or else it's like I didn't gain that hour. A final note to all my dear frens who contributed in Yihui's video... I watched it again last night cos I think I really miss all ppl back home (I've been dreaming of diff ppl in Singapore, from family to friends, every night la... haha) and really feel quite lost with how to go about with my assignment and that video just made me feel so so so much better. It reminded me that everyone is working hard and I should do what I come here to do, which is mainly to study. So, thanks pals!!!
Dear amanda, thanks for this wonderful gift... It's been on my desk and I see everyone's face everyday. Like maybe tat's why I dreamt that u all came to see me! hahaha... sweet =D
